There is not a single time during my visit to my parents, that my mom does not make this yummy thakaali chutney.
- Chop equal amounts of onion and tomatoes.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan in medium flame. Add onion and saute cor 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red chillies, garlic pod and salt. Saute for about 5 to 10minutes in medium flame.
- Allow it cool well. Once cooled blend the mix with 1 tblsp of water if needed. At first, you can remove 2 or 3 chillies and then blend. If needed you can add it later.
- Heat oil in a small pan in medium flame and add mustard. Once it splutters add urad dal, red chilli, curry leaves. Do not let it burn. Switch off the flame and add it to the chutney.
This is my first recipe to the even Cooking with Red at Merry Tummy.