|Yummy! Yummy !|
I prepared this dish for two consecutive days and the 12 laddoos I prepared each day did not last for more than 24 hours... We finished it off!!! It was so tasty I am going to prepare it for the third consecutive day tomorrow and take it to our family friends' house. This is often called paasi payaru urundai in Tamil Nadu.
Preparing this laddoo takes less than just 15 - 20 minutes. It is a very easy and healthy recipe.. Enjoy!!!
Ingredients:Whole Moong Dal/ paasi payaru. 1 cup
Powdered Sugar 1 cup
Melted butter/ ghee 2 tblsp
Fried channa dal/ pottu kadalai 2 tblsp (optional)
- Dry Roast the whole moong dal in medium flame for 10 - 15 minutes. After roasting for almost 10 minutes you can smell the aroma. Continue for 3-5 minutes.
|Slightly browned roasted dal|
- Allow the moong dal to cool. Meanwhile you can melt the ghee.
- Once cooled, powder the moong dal in a blender. You can add the pottu kadalai / fried channa dal now if you are using it.
- Powder the dal in batches to avoid uneven powdering. Add the powdered sugar to the powdered dal and mix well.
- Add 1 tblsp of ghee at first and start mixing. Mix thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
- Now add the remaining ghee little by little until you can make ladoos using your hand out of the powdered mix.
- You will be able to roll the laddoo usually after adding 1 and 3/4 tablespoon of ghee.
- If the ladoo does not hold tight and breaks off into powder add little more ghee.
|11 ladoos from the quantity of ingredients mentioned|
This is my sweet recipe for the event in Easy Indian Recipes blog for "Cooking with Green".