- Soak the moong dal for atleast 4-5 hours. Soak the rice or rice flour too separately.
- If using rice flour use water just enough to soak the rice flour. It will get watery when you blend it.
- Blend the moong dal and after about 2 -3 minutes add rice / riceflour.
- Add ginger, green chillies, cumin seeds and salt. Blend till it all mixes together.
- You can immediately start making dosas when you need. There is no need to ferment this.
- Rice Flour adds crispiness to the Dosa. Do not add cooked Rice.
- The Moong dal batter by itself is soft and adding cooked rice makes is difficult to shape the dosa.