|Healthy low fat dosa!|
- Soak the kollu or horsegram for almost 12 hours. You can soak the rice flour as well. It is optional though.
- If soaking rice flour use water just enough to make a dough, a little softer than chapathi dough. Once you run this through the blender, it will become watery.
- Drain the water after 12 hours and add the soaked horsegram/ kollu to a blender. Pour cold water and blend for 5-10 minutes. Cold water prevents the batter from heating up.
- Once the kollu is blended, add the rice flour and run the blender again. Use water if needed.
- Consistency is the same as usual idli batter. Add salt to taste.
- Leave the batter for a couple of hours and then you can make dosas out of it.
- While making dosas, make sure the dosa tawa or skillet is hot. After you pour the batter and shape the dosa, you can cook it in medium flame.
- Before you make the next dosa, let the skillet to become hot again. Wait for a few seconds before you make the next dosa.
- The skillet should be hot enough to sizzle, when you sprinkle water on it.
I am submitting this recipe to the Cook with Red event in Merry Tummy kitchen.
Also linking this to the Cook with Comfort event and Light Dinners event in A Bowl of curry
This recipe is for all my healthnut friends, +devi bhuvaneswari , +ramya gopalakrishnan, +sharanya chinnusamy, +sinduja ramaraj , +Karthi Keyani, +Meenupriya Nanthagopalan
Linking this dish for the events.