- Soak tamarind for 15 minutes and prepare extract.
- Add gingely oil to a pan in medium flame. Add mustards and once it splutters,add the items to temper one by one.
- After about 2 minutes add onion and garlic. Fry for less than 5 minutes till brown spots start to appear.
- Add the tamarind extract, chili powder, coriander powder, salt. Allow it to boil for 10-12minutes.
- You can replace the chilly and coriander powder with 2 tsp of sambhar powder.
- Add the jaggery and allow it to boil for 3 minutes. The garlic should be cooked by now. If you are able to smash a garlic with the spatula, it is cooked.
- Add pepper powder at the end and check for salt. Allow it to boil for 3 or 4 more minutes and switch off the stove.