- Heat a pan in medium flame and add oil.
- After 1 minute add mustard seeds, once it crackles add urad dal,curry leaves, red chillies and garlic.
- After about 2 minutes add onion and 2 minutes later add the tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and let the mix cook for 12-15 minutes. stir the dish 4 -5 times in between.
- You can sprinkle water if needed when you stir. do not add more than half cup in total.
- After about 15 minutes when the tomato is cooked add coconut.
- Let the dish cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and enjoy with hot parathas or rice.