|Yummy Yummy! Tasty Mummy!|
- Soak the rice for 10 minutes and toor dal for 20 minutes.
- In a cooker add cooking oil and add mustard seeds. Once it sputters add the items to temper.
- Add onion, garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chillies and tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the spice powders and salt.
- After about 2 minutes add the dal and rice. Check for salt and karam and close the lid.
- Let the dish cook for 3 whistles. Open the lid as soon as the pressure releases and add the coconut oil or ghee on top. Yummy dish is ready to serve.
I am submitting this recipe to Light Dinners event in A bowl of Curry