- Use a large, flat, heavy bottomed skillet and add milk to it.
- If using fresh coconut add the coconut to the milk now. If using dry coconut you can let the milk boil for 5 minutes and then add the coconut.
- Stir the coconut and the milk for 15-20 minutes in medium flame.
- Once the mix is dry, add the sugar and ghee. Adding sugar will make the dish more watery.
- Keep mixing until the dish is fully dry. When you try to squeeze the dish with a flat ladle, you should not be able to see wetness in the skillet.
- Do not burn the dish. Keep the flame in medium. Once the dish is done switch off the flame and let the dish cool. You can add the broken nuts.
- When the dish is warm, make small balls out of it.
- Moist and sweet coconut ladoo is ready.